Pages

Monday 3 January 2011

Christmas dispatches

IMG_0566

Christmas joys:
                 - James sneaking in to my house on Christmas Eve when I was delivering presents to a neighbour and stealth decorating it with black tinsel and his mini-pink Christmas tree &
                    putting our presents under it
                  -  Having waffles & coffee with cream in bed on Christmas morning and opening our presents alone together
                 -  New amazing sparkly purple nail varnish from James & glittery cranberry body lotion
                  -  Snow!
                  -  Being able to go to *my* church for Christmas Day. & church being happy and God-focused and joy-filled

                   - Lovely presents from people & at least four days of visiting people and opening presents = four christmas days!
                   - Wonderful talented friends who took the time to make me presents
                   - Cooking
                   - Having time to plot and make edible presents for people (some at church to say thank you, some for my parents to take home to Wales, some to send with a wing and a prayer in the post to some wonderful people)

IMG_0557IMG_0564IMG_0569IMG_0561

                      - Spending time at my parents in Wales for the New Year
                      - Mountains!  (there is a distinct lack in East England)
                      - The conversations that happen on long-journeys
                      - A shiny New Year filled with hope and possibilities.

I am now quite tired and glad to be back in my own bed and own space for a long time again. I am glad there are no children at school tomorrow (really defies the point doesn't it and hoping I don't need to stay for the training all day)  I am very much buried in all the academic work I have to do this week and will be very grateful to have all major essays handed in before the weekend.  I am also thinking about the year just gone, and my hopes/aspirations for the new year - how I want to change and grow.

For now, there is my case study, self-examination, hot chocolate, ham rolls (thanks Mum) and soup and a lot of inspirational music to get me through the next few days of writing.
Welcome to 2011.
it seems a miracle to me that it will ever get finished on time - hot chocolate and music keeps me going!

Edit:  I just found out I do not have to go to school tomorrow as there is no training I need. A whole day off again, a whole day to write, hurrah! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay to all these good things!
    *sending you productivity and timestretching madskills*
    You'll get it done, you are awesome :)
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete